Saturday, January 16, 2016

a christian cross card

"And he that takes not his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me." 
 Matthew 10:38 

      This card illustrates classic, simple lines; a hand-crafted yet formal card excellent for announcements, “Thank You” notes or sentimental letters. I outlined this simple cross clip art with a metallic, silver ink pen. Then I pasted the cross to a variety of layered parchment papers, cutting each consecutive paper slightly larger with every new pasting.

More Cross Card Designs:
Quotes:
  • “The world takes us to a silver screen on which flickering images of passion and romance play, and as we watch, the world says, “This is love.” God takes us to the foot of a tree on which a naked and bloodied man hangs and says, “This is love.” Joshua Harris
  • “We sinned for no reason but an incomprehensible lack of love, and He saved us for no reason but an incomprehensible excess of love.” Peter Kreeft
  • “Christ is sufficient. We do not need "support groups" for each and every separate tribulation. The most widely divergent sorrows may all be taken to the foot of the same old rugged cross and find there cleansing, peace, and joy.”  Elisabeth Elliot
Illustration:    The cross of Jesus Christ was to the Greeks foolishness and a stumbling-block of the Jews. They could not see its meaning; just as I have walked out on the porch of a north Georgia home two hours before day, and in the dim starlight I could see only the faint outline of mountain and hill. I could not tell what they were. It was an indistinct picture that had in it no meaning to me. I have gone back to my room and after a while have walked out on the porch again. The sun had risen on the scene and bathed hill and mountain and valley in a flood of light, and then I looked and saw hills and mountains and valleys and streams that mine eyes had never seen before.-- "Famous Stories of Sam P. Jones."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I publish commentary closely connected to the topic. Thank you for participating.