Saturday, February 3, 2018

Zara by Clinton Scollard

Zara

I Think but of thee when with ruby and rose
The sun on the mountains has tinted the
snows,
And wakened thine eyes from their dreamy
repose.

I think but of thee when the fountains plash
sweet
And cool in the noontide amid the still heat,
Like the soft music made by thy two tiny feet.

I think but of thee when the daylight grows
pale
On valley and vineyard, on garden and vale,
When warbles so sadly the lorn nightingale.

I think but of thee when the moonbeams out-
shine,
And kiss so divinely each temple and shrine,
And play 'mid the boughs of the citron and
pine.

In daylight or darkness, on land or on sea,
In green-girt Granada or far Araby,
My darling, my Zara, I think but of thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I publish commentary closely connected to the topic. Thank you for participating.