Monday, January 18, 2016

love blooms valentine

He who does not love has not become acquainted with God, for God is love. 
 1 John 4: 8
 
Valentine by Natalie Grimm.
       Recycle those old brown paper bags and discarded utility twine into simple lovely Valentines this year. All you will need in addition to these free materials will be a few stamp supplies from your local hobby retailer.

Supplies:
  1. brown paper bags
  2. brown twine
  3. pink and ivory colored papers
  4. a simple stamp illustrating potted "heart" shaped blossoms
  5. a red colored pencil
  6. brown ink pad
  7. glue
  8. scissors
  9. ruler
Directions:

What kinds of written things might I include along with the card?
 

Quotes:
"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love." by Max Muller
"I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence." by Theodore Dreiser
Additional Scriptures:
1 John 4:16   God is love, and he abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3   If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, bu have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 

Poetry:
We can not go so far
That home is out of sight;
The morn, the evening star,
Will say, "Good-day!" "Good-night!"
The heart that loves will never be alone;
All earth, all heaven it reckons as its own.

Story Illustration:   Botanists tell us that strongly scented plans are of longer duration than those destitute of smell.
      This is as true in the gardens of soul as in the gardens of nature. Living fragrant with helpfulness endure. Those wanting in the aroma of love, die (Text) Vyrnwy Morgan, "The Cambro-American Pulpit."

More Examples of Items Crafted From Brown Paper Bags:
Brown Bag Ministry to The Homeless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I publish commentary closely connected to the topic. Thank you for participating.