Sunday, November 5, 2017

purchased but never sent...


       This vintage card has been in my possession ever since I was small. I suppose that someone had purchased it to send to my great grandmother Morrison but, she passed away before it could be done. My grandmother gave it to me because of my fascination for it. The bedroom windows open into the outdoors inside the card, if that makes since? The printed message in the card reads:

Because you're dear and very sweet
And mean the world and all,
This lovely wish is for all joys--
The big ones, and the small!

       Three potted geraniums rest on a yellow window seal and ruffled, white cotton curtains frame the quaint view for the recipient. The front of the card reads, "With Love to Dear Grandmother."


Video by Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I publish commentary closely connected to the topic. Thank you for participating.