Tuesday, October 12, 2021

nostalgic sentiments

"For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well." 2 Timothy 1:5

"Take time for what matters," Find joy in every journey," and "Dream come true."

Description:   The term nostalgia describes a sentimentality for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. In common, less clinical usage nostalgia can refer to a general interest in the past, their personalities and events, especially the "good old days" from one's earlier life. 
       Above I enhanced old copies of photos with a white pencil, pasted them to handmade cards along with a few floral accents and ribbons with woven text.

What kinds of written things might I include along with the card?
Quotes:
  • "True nostalgia is an ephemeral composition of disjointed memories." Florence King
  • "In music, trends are always rising and fading in popularity, but nostalgia never dies." Anthony Fantano
  • "As a child, our house had a backyard lined with roses tended vigilantly by my mother. So the fragrance fills me with nostalgia for my youth." Thelma Golden
Additional Scriptures:
  • "For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever." Psalm 112:6
  • "Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in memory of her." Matthew 26:13
More Links To Explore:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I publish commentary closely connected to the topic. Thank you for participating.